ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Entertains the customers through various activities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Includes the following plus other related duties as assigned.
- Provide friendly and professional customer service
- Lead and instruct activities in an organized safe environment
- Prepare for each activity well in advance
- Set up for activities on time, for each event and be completely ready 5 to 10 minutes prior to an event
- Clean up after each event
- Handle Bear costumes with extra care
- Maintain the bear costumes
- Fill out and turn in all paperwork. (Weather chart, attendance, inventory sheets, etc.)
- You are responsible for your money, count and give correct change out to customers
- Coordinate with office on scheduling of Birthday Parties, Group Tours, etc.
- If another department needs to be involved in any scheduling, etc., make sure you have provided them with all the supplies and information they need to assist you
- Decorate for all theme weekends
- Take down the decorations and put back in attic neatly
- Keep activity area neat and organized at all times
- When you need more supplies, turn list in well in advance, don’t wait until the last minute
- Assist in other areas when needed
- Change activity boards twice a week
- Make sure the movie for the day is put with the projector at least an hour before movie time
- Clean and restock Yogi Bear’s Snack Bar
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience is helpful.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, activity schedules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with all types of customers in a professional manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or fee; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: The ability to establish and maintain, foster, positive, and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties. May need to have own transportation to run errands and/or have a valid driver’s license.