ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Prepare excellent quality food and provide excellent customer service.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Includes the following plus other related duties as assigned.
- Prepare food in a clean sanitary environment
- Prepare food based on instruction sheets for proper proportions
- Wait on customers in a friendly, professional and timely manner
- Keep dining room neat, clean and organized
- Keep all bottles, salt and pepper shakers, clean and refilled
- Proportion out products into single servings
- Mark all new and open products with correct dates
- Rotate all stock to use old first, making sure that you date and mark everything
- Keep fryer oil clean and changed and strained daily to prolong life of oil
- Keep sinks clear and clean
- Make sure all equipment is set at correct temperature
- Fill and empty dishwasher
- Keep kitchen towels washed and folded
- Cash register drawers must balance
- Keep thermometers in all refrigerators
- Wear uniforms at all times
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination or education and experience is helpful.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, activity schedules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to communicate effectively with customers and employees of organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with all types of customers in a professional manner.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or fee; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: The ability to establish and maintain, foster, positive, and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the performance of duties. May need to have own transportation to run errands and/or have a valid driver’s license.